Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to doing nothing....

Its very important to take losses as quickly as possible. And not let it get to you. In a bear market, my number one aim is to preserve capital. I am waiting for either:
  • the market to turn (which could be any time from now to 12 months later), or else
  • for stocks to become so undervalued that they are a screaming buy (like in the Asian crisis or SARS). With the exception of pfood, I do not see great quality companies trading at bargain prices. There is no blood on the street yet. Maybe if we get a recession....
Back to doing nothing.....


Cat photo from http://www.freephotos.se

"One of the best rules anybody can learn about investing is to do nothing, absolutely nothing,unless there is something to do. Most people always have to be playing; they always have to be doing something. They can't just sit there and wait for something new to develop. I wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime. Even people who lose money in the market say, 'I just lost my money, now I have to do something to make it back.' No, you don't. You should sit there until you find something."

Jim Rogers



No comments: